Monday, July 4, 2011

Oxfords and Red Sox


I took the boys to Houston last weekend to visit family and get out of Austin for a couple of days. Houston is always fun! While we were there we did some shopping and I got these great shoes from Nine West. I'd been wanting some Oxfords for a while now! The brown color goes with pretty much everything and they are incredibly comfortable. You like?

While in Houston and in honor of Independence Day, we went to a baseball game. After all, what is more traditional that baseball?


The stadium in Houston is the Minute Maid Stadium. I saw my first baseball game in Houston, but it was at the Astrodome at that time. I remember really liking the Astrodome. It's a little odd to be indoors for baseball, but it's either that or the crazy hot weather. I'll take odd and cool to normal and sweltering any day!

The game was the Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox. We are all big Red Sox fans so, of course, we were thrilled that they played in our state! Apparently we weren't the only ones; most of the people at the game were wearing Boston gear. And... the Red Sox won! 10 - 4! Happy Independence Day to us!

If you're in Austin and want a weekend getaway, I recommend the 2 1/2 hour drive to Houston. There are a million things to do (not just great shopping and baseball games!); it's not too far, but it feels like a world away.

Have a lovely 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment