Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Good morning! Easter just might be my favorite holiday. Not for any religious reasons or because I'm a huge fan of Cadbury eggs, but because it's the most stress-free holiday - full of colors, flowers, and kids in their nicest clothes.

When I was younger, we used to do the traditional egg hunt. We'd clean out, decorate and fill real eggs with confetti or flour. After we found these eggs, we would run around and try to crack them over each other's head. Needless to say, the clothes wouldn't stay spotless for long!


That picture is from an Easter here in Austin many many years ago. I couldn't find the original, but I remembered my mom turned this picture into a mug a couple of years back (that's why it looks curved). I'm the one in the front right  staring down at an egg and making a pouty face.

In college, I spent Easter with my best friend's family. Her mom would make beautiful baskets for each of us and hide malt chocolate eggs all over the house along with big plastic eggs with money. We'd spend the first part of the day with her brother and sisters trying to be the easter egg hunt winner. I'm happy to report that I won at least once!

Easter isn't as fun now, but I still love it. I love hiding the eggs for my cousins and spending time with my family. I hope you have a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment