Monday, May 23, 2011

My Summer Book List - 2011


It's almost summer! That means that it's time to start working out like crazy, eating healthy, and getting together the summer reading list for those lazy days by the pool, in the park, at the beach or sitting on your balcony.

My main requirement for a good summer book is that it not be depressing - I don't want to cry over my lemonade/michelada/margarita/water.  It sounds like an easy enough requirement to fill, but no; apparently, sad and depressing books are all the rage.

Here are a list of books that I am considering. Keep in mind, this is a summer list; there might be some chick-lit books involved. Actually, that's quite likely; I do like some lighthearted girly books! I haven't read  any of them yet so don't hold it against me if they're not life-changing!  I'll make sure to review them after I'm done, and I might even add some more to the list soon. I'm a fast reader!

Here it is! My summer book list (so far):

 - "O Aleph" by Paulo Coelho.
This isn't out in the US yet, but he is one of my favorite authors. Just for that, this should be good, like the rest of his stuff.

 - "How Did You Get This Number" by Sloane Crosley.
I love her name. Isn't it great? This isn't a new book; I think it came out last year, but I hear it's really funny and witty.

 - "Graceling" by Kristin Cashore. 
Young Adult (YA) Fiction is really really good sometimes. 
I heard about this book while watching "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". It's probably not a mindless read, but seems really interesting.

 - "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry.
Yes, like the movie. A very good friend of mine, who has great taste in books, recommended it. She said that it's her favorite book of all time - I'm intrigued!
Love the title - sometimes that's a good enough reason for choosing a book.  

 - "Dead until Dark" by Charlaine Harris.
 This one is the first book of "The Southern Vampire Mysteries", which resulted in the True Blood TV show on HBO. I like the show so I should like the books, no?

 - "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber.
I think this is my chick-lit book for the summer. There has to be at least one!
    Have you made your summer reading list yet? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment