Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The UK - Being a tourist in London

I had a beautiful place to stay in London - a friend's flat near Camden Market.

Check out the view.


Gorgeous, no?

I wish I could enjoy that view every morning with a cup of coffee... or tea, I adapt easily!

My first day in London started off with vanilla scones and tea from a little restaurant I found on my way to the tube.


Once I figured out how to use the tea pot, I greatly enjoyed it! I'm really more of a coffee person, but I can get used to this.

I love riding the tube; it reminds me of living in Boston.

At Parliament, I was greeted by Big Ben. It wasn't foggy; I just got a little carried away with the instagram filters.


It was actually beautiful out. Check out the London Eye.


My favorite though, were these signs on the street - I needed help not getting hit by the cars driving the wrong way!


I walked along the bank of the Thames to the Tate Modern Museum followed by the British Museum.   They were amazing and interesting, but it was a very long walk. Being a tourist is exhausting!

After my wanderings and a well-deserved nap, I met up with a friend for dinner at York & Albany. Pizza and red wine to finish the day!

All in all, a very fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment